Merchandising is an excellent way to earn an additional revenue source for your YouTube channel.
But did you know that many YouTubers are signing up with merchandising platforms to get help with promoting their merchandise? YouTubers love merchandising platforms like TeeSpring, Fanjoy because it creates a new branch of monetisation, without requiring much active involvement.
All you have to do is sign up with a merchandise platform to get started. Here’s how merchandising platforms work.
Set up your merch store
When you sign up as a seller with a merchandising site, here’s what you need to do:
- You can choose the kind of products you want to sell. This could be t-shirts, mugs, bags, phone cases, stickers, etc.
- Upload your logo and/or custom graphics. This could be any pictures, quotes, catchphrases, designs, etc. that your fans can relate to you. Make sure that these are original.
- Customise the product colours, positioning of the graphics etc. on the products.
- Some platforms also allow you to customise the look of the store.
- Let your viewers know about the merchandise products and link the products in your video description.
Many platforms usually take the first step in reaching out to YouTubers. The platforms can help create merchandise designs and set up the store on a YouTuber’s behalf.
What happens when an order is placed
Merchandise platforms have their own resources and production setup for manufacturing the merchandise. Here’s what happens when a merchandise order is placed:
- The merchandise platform receives the order and sends it to production.
- After production, the product is shipped directly to the customer.
- The amount received on each sale is divided between you and the merchandising platform. This division is set beforehand in your contract with the company.
Now all you have to do is to sit back and wait while the orders pour in. It’s that simple. So what are you waiting for, go ahead and team up with a merchandising platform!
Interested in getting your YouTube channel seen by a huge audience? Get started here: www.flintzy.com