Creating the best possible YouTube videos goes beyond the content. Most importantly, you need to ensure that your videos are shown to the right people. You simply cannot continue to create videos for teenage gym buffs if your audience is predominantly fitness enthusiasts in their late thirties. You need to find who your audience is. But how?
We’re going to look at the crux of targeting strategies creators are using to reach the right audience on YouTube.
1. Head over to your YouTube Analytics and analyse who your current audience is. Check out the demographics section and see who your subscribers are and who engage with your videos the most. Do these viewers have a specific pattern in common? Perhaps most of your viewers are 18-25 year olds. You will want to target more viewers in this category and fine-tune your video content accordingly.
2. Categorise your target audience into different buckets. 40 year old fitness enthusiasts can be one bucket, 18 year old women athletes can be another bucket and so on. Dig into some good old market research and check out what type of videos your target audience like watching. Analyse generation breakdowns to get a better perspective. For example, Gen Z people will have different interests from Gen Y people.
3. Not only must you optimise your video content for your audience, but also your entire YouTube channel packaging. From your title and metadata to thumbnails and brand colours, your channel must attract your target audience at first glance. YouTube channel 5-Minute Crafts GIRLY use bright pink, blue and yellow colours, powerful chic music and floral slide transitions to attract their teenage audience.
4. Pick out three of your biggest competitors. Head over to your competitor’s social media channels and look at their followers. You can also go through your competitor’s YouTube channel and check out what sort of people comment on their videos the most, and what they usually comment about. Analyse the sort of problems these viewers are trying to fix and jolt down their primary priorities. For instance, a woman who has commented about trying to lose weight would specifically be looking for weight loss videos. Tailor your content accordingly and create videos that your audience will truly find useful.
Now that we’ve laid the groundwork for you, go wild with your targeting strategies. Experiment with innovative ways to reel in your audience. It’s a two-way street, If you’re delivering value to your audience, you sure will attract more relevant viewers to your channel.
Interested in getting your YouTube channel seen by a huge audience? Get started here: www.flintzy.com
- 5 Most Popular Music Genres on YouTube in 2023
- 7 Easy Tips to Write Catchy Song Lyrics
- 9 Fun Faceless YouTube Channel Ideas!
- How to Create a Content Strategy for Travel YouTube Channels
- Harness the Power of YouTube Influencers to Grow Your Channel!
- 7 Fun Ways to Convert Viewers into Subscribers on YouTube