One can discover videos based on YouTube trends, notifications, subscriptions, recommendations, searches, and homepages. The number one traffic source is the YouTube HomePage, followed by Suggested videos and YouTube Search.
A YouTube channel’s growth depends heavily on understanding specific algorithmic processes. It all comes down to producing binge-worthy content if you want your videos to appear on YouTube’s Homepage.
The YouTube homepage that one sees is based on their interests and primarily on what they previously watched, and their interests are drawn from their Google profile.
‘Suggested videos’ from your YouTube Analytics.
Clicking from one video to another will probably interest viewers in both topics. Look at the ‘suggested videos on the YouTube Analytics page to find out what viewers watched before coming to your channel.
- Access YouTube Studio
- In the menu to the left, click on “Analytics.”
- In the top right corner, click “Advanced.”
- Go to the top of the screen and click the “traffic source” tab
- Select “suggested videos” from the shown list
There will be a list of the top 10 best similar/suggested videos. With this analysis, you can create a video similar to the topic but better than the competition.
Analysis of your YouTube’ subscribers’ and ‘likes.’
Subscribing to a video is most likely when the viewer likes it. You record more videos around the topics that garnered the most subscribers.
You can access YouTube Studio here.
- Go to the “Analytics” section on the left side of the screen
- “Advanced” is located at the top right corner of the screen
- In the top right corner, click on the tab: “Video” if it has not yet been selected
- Click on ‘Subscribers gained’ (the ‘subscribers’ column will appear after clicking on the header)
Listed by most subscribers gained, these videos are sorted alphabetically.
You can do the same with ‘likes’ as you explained above with ‘subscribers’. Choose the column ‘likes’ instead of ‘subscribers’.
Are you interested in getting discovered by new fans? Start here today: www.flintzy.com.
- 8 Ways to use Pinterest to Promote Your YouTube Channel
- 13 New Vlogmas Video Ideas (2022)
- How To Find New Content Ideas For Your YouTube Channel
- How To Market Your YouTube Channel Through Email Marketing
- How to Get Your Video Featured on the YouTube Homepage
- How To Effectively Release A Music Video On YouTube