Wouldn’t it be fun to create joint playlists with your friends? YouTube’s latest feature lets you do just that. You can now add collaborators to your playlist so that you can all curate your favourite videos in a single playlist.
Follow these steps to add collaborators to a playlist
- Open YouTube Studio.
- Select the ‘Playlists’ page from the left menu.
- Select the playlist that you want to add collaborators to and click on the ‘Edit’ button.
- Under the title, click on the three dots icon indicating ‘More options’.
- Click on the ‘Collaborate’ button.
- Toggle the slider towards the right for the ‘Collaborators can add videos to this playlist’ option to enable collaboration.
- Enable the slider for the ‘Allow new collaborators’ option as well.
- Copy the playlist link given under these options.
- Share the playlist links with your friends/collaborators.
If you want to disable the collaborations later, you can just disable the ‘‘Allow new collaborators’ option.
How to collaborate on a playlist
If someone invites you to collaborate on a playlist, you will receive a link to the playlist. To collaborate, follow these steps:
- Open the given playlist link to open the playlist page.
- Follow the instructions to confirm your identity as a collaborator.
- The playlist will now be saved to your YouTube Studio as well.
- Open the video that you want to add to the playlist.
- On the video page, click the ‘Save’ button and select the playlist name that you want to add it to.
When you add a video to a playlist, your YouTube name is displayed next to the video’s name on the playlist. The other collaborators also get notified that you’ve added a video. You can also remove the videos that you’ve added. Here’s how:
- Open the playlist through Studio or the playlist link.
- Find the video that you want to remove.
- Click on the three dots icon indicating ‘More options’.
- Select ‘Remove from playlist’.
With this new collaboration feature, you and your collaborators can get a lot more exposure through each other’s channels. Use this feature to showcase your collaboration videos or videos you collectively enjoy.
Interested in getting your YouTube channel seen by a huge audience? Get started here: www.flintzy.com
- YouTube Handles: Everything You Need to Know
- 11 Creative YouTube Video Ideas for Fashion & Style Channels
- How To Get Your Music Featured On Vevo YouTube Channel
- How to Promote Your TEDx Talk Video
- Here’s How You Can Get Signed to a Major Record Label (in 2022)
- How These YouTube Shorts Creators Are Gaining Millions of Views